Introduction to CAD, 2D & 3D
This course is designed to give an overview into Computer Aided Design using both 3D & 2D design methods. The skills learned are generic and easily transferable to any modern parametric CAD system.
£300 per person
Who should attend?
The course is for anyone wishing to improve their knowledge of CAD, 3D Modelling & 2D Engineering Drawing.
Attendees do not need to have any formal qualifications but will require some technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of 3D & 2D design strategies applicable to all modern parametric CAD systems.
- Gain an understanding of how to critically evaluate engineering CAD design issues.
- Potential to improve the efficient use of time and materials.
- Potential to improve productivity and quality standards.
- Navigating the 3D Environment
- Foundation of Sketch Based Modelling
- Introduction to RMS & the Four Functions
- Using Dimensions & Constraints
- Making an Accurate Part
- Introduction to Engineering Drawing
- 2 Assignments using RMS based Modelling Methods
- Benefits of Cloud-Based CAD
- CAD Modeling Best Practices
DatesDay 1: Wednesday 18th March
Day 2: Thursday 19th March
Day 3: Friday 20th March
Date of assessment to be confirmed with attendee.