Environmental Impact and Sustainability
This course provides an outline of current environmental legislation and the influence industry has on the environment.
£300 per person
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone wishing to gain an understanding of environmental impact and legislation.
Attendees do not need to have any formal qualifications or knowledge of welding, but will require some technical knowledge.
- Practical guidance on how to obtain environmental permits.
- Guidance on setting up an environmental management system, ensuring compliance with ISO14001
- An understanding of the role technology can play in reducing environmental impact.
- Potential to reduce costs and improve company image.
- A review of environmental issues, and their impact on health, resources, and energy policy.
- Environmental legislation relevant to industry.
- The impact of environmental taxation.
- How to obtain environmental permits.
- Guidance on how to set up an effective environmental management system.
- An outline of the role that current technological developments are having on reducing environmental damage.
- A description of a number of major RD&T initiatives.
Assessment2 hour written exam.
DatesDay 1: Wednesday 11th March
Day 2: Wednesday 18th March
Day 3: Wednesday 25th March
Date of assessment to be confirmed with attendee.