Advanced Composite Materials
This engineering composite training course is designed to provide an introduction into the manufacture and repair of advanced composite materials. The course has a practical element focusing on applications of composite manufacture and repair, to include initial layup manufacture and layup repair.
£300 per person
£300 per person
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to improve their fundamental knowledge of Engineering composite manufacture & repair techniques as applicable to both the Aerospace & Marine industries.
- Employees gain training in methods for composite manufacture & repair
- Employers benefit as it keeps staff engineering skills current and competitive
- Meet others with interests in Aerospace & Marine Composite Materials & Methods
- Potential to improve efficient use of time and materials
- Gain an ability to design, manufacture and repair composite parts and assemblies.
- Intro to Advanced Composites - Resins & Fibres – Multi-Ply Asymmetric Panels
- H&S of Advanced Composite Materials & Safe Handling of Composites
- Adhesive Bonding of Composites, Tooling and Mechanical Fasteners
- NDT Methods for Inspection of Advanced Composites
- Glass/Carbon/Kevlar Fabric with Foam/Nomex Core Panel Layup & Cure
- Repair Design Considerations for Structural Composites
- Core Panel – Damage & Scarf Removal – Fill Cavity & Repair Skin
comment If you would like to discuss specific content, then we can arrange an informal discussion with the course tutor.
DurationCourse duration is 21 hours – courses can be taught over three consecutive days, three days over a three week period, or as evening sessions.
- 2 hours exam - 50%
- 2 In Class Assignments – Core Panel Layup - 25%, Core Panel Repair - 25%
This course provides an overview of materials engineering including both the physical and mechanical properties of different materials.
This module provides an introduction to the principles of microscopy and spectroscopy.
An understanding of the mechanical properties of many engineering materials. We study the test methodologies and standards developed to ensure that materials can be understood and safely deployed in a range of in-service scenarios. This course combines both classroom material along with practical hands on testing of real specimens in commercial test house.