Who should attend?
The course is aimed at people working in the steel industry or the steel industry supply chain who will benefit from a broad understanding of processes in common use in the steel industry. Typical delegates include technical and engineering personnel.
- After completing the module you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the steel manufacturing process from raw materials to coil.
- You should also have an appreciation of technological developments that have occurred resulting in the modern day technology used within steel manufacture.
- This module will provide you with an overview of the advancing technology in the steel industry
- Introduction and history of iron and steel production
- Ore preparation
- Coke production
- Sinter and pellet production
- The principles and practice of iron making & the Blast Furnace
- Operating practice in relation to iron composition and modern developments in blast furnace operation.
- Steel making
- Steel university blast furnace eLearning simulation
- Development of tonnage steel making
- Secondary steel making
- Production of specialist steels
- Steel university secondary steel making eLearning simulation
- Trends in the steel industry including recent developments
- Revision session
comment If you would like to discuss specific content, then we can arrange an informal discussion with the course tutor.